Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Balance

I am having a hard time balancing home life and work life when I'm doing both in my home.  Before when I had an outside the home job, I couldn't wait to leave and go home.  Now, when working is fun and in my home, all I want to do is work!  Especially when my work is nothing but fun!  Fun for me but not fun for the hubby!  I am making the man crazy because I am always working on some new product for my shop.  He doesn't understand how much I enjoy the work or how it is relaxing to me.  I keep telling him that it's easy to do when the t.v. set is on and he is watching shoot em' up or hang em' high movies!  His relaxation time is watching tv and mine is making things.  It just doesn't seem right to fritter my minutes, hours, and days away watching t.v. when I can use what I was blessed with...creativity!

I am not a highly religious person but I do believe that we are put on earth for a purpose.  I hear people speak of their callings and wonder how anyone truly knows what they are supposed to do with their lives.  All I can do is take what I am good at and what I was blessed with to add to the world and not take from it.  Some people can sing, some build rockets, and me....I am supposed to draw, paint, sew...etc.  For whatever reason, I see ordinary things and want to make things with them.  I see a color and think it would look nice in a painting.  I just can't get pretty things out of my head. 

My point, I guess, is that I am finally doing what I am supposed to do with my talent and yet it is interfering with married life.  How do I find a balance?  I love what I am doing and I have never been happier at work.  Why does it have to be such a battle between the two? 

On a more chipper note, I am adding more to my store and discontinuing others.  I knew when I started my shop that it would be slow before it started doing well.  I'm learning what sells well and what does not.  I am having a lot of fun making cards and notecards and they are doing well.  I am in the process of making more scrapbook pages too.  I also am going to be adding supplies or rather destashing my craft room of them.  I've sold almost all of the other ones that I listed before so I figured my shopping habit will become someone else's lucky find!  Come and see what new things I will be listing soon!  I'm always happy to see you here and there!!!

1 comment:

  1. Balance can be such an elusive thing. Happy to have met you and things will just right themselves out.

    ReplyDelete